Publications & Speaking Engagements:
- No Perfect Love- Written By Alyson Nerenberg. While many books have been written about overcoming our own perfectionism, rarely has one
described our tendency to expect perfection from others. With wisdom and compassion, Dr. Nerenberg thoroughly explores the origins of perfectionism and how it keeps us stuck in a cycle of disappointment, anger and resentment. Expertly combining psychological theory, popular culture, her patients’ life-changing moments, as well as her own challenges and growth, Dr. Nerenberg transforms trauma into triumph in No Perfect Love.
- Psychotherapist Revealed: Therapists Speak Out About Self- Disclosure in Psychotherapy- Chapter Titled.- Boundaries and Self-Disclosure-The Work of Addictions Therapists. By Taylor & Francis, the Mental health division of Routledge. Published 2009.
- The Clinical Management of Sex Addiction edited by Patrick Carnes and Ken Adams- Chapter Titled The Value of Group Psychotherapy for Sexual Addicts. Published 2002.
Dr. Nerenberg provided presentations/workshops to the following organizations on intimacy issues, sexual addictions, eating disorders and trauma:
- Chestnut Hill Hospital, Philadelphia, PA
- Mc Neil Pharmaceutical Company, Fort Washington, PA
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association, Lancaster, PA
- Physician’s Health Program, Harrisburg, PA
- Supervision Weekends for Therapists Specializing in Treating Sexual Addictions, Philadelphia, PA
- Police Officer’s Training, Harrisburg, PA
- Delaware Chapter of Employee Assistance Providers, Dover, Delaware
- Fairmount Behavioral Health System, Roxborough, PA
- National Council of Sexual Addictions and Compulsivity, San Diego, CA
- Pennsylvania Psychological Association, Pittsburgh, PA
- Menninger Clinic, Topeka, Kansa
- Betty Ford Clinic, Palm Springs, CA
- Center for Human Development, Philadelphia, PA
- Women’s Therapy Network, Horsham, PA
- Del Amo Hospital Conference, Torrance, CA
- Caron Foundation, Wernersville, PA
- Philadelphia Society of Clinical Psychologists, Philadelphia, PA
- American Bar Association, National Workshop for Lawyer Assistance Programs, Montreal, Canada
- Rehab After Work, Philadelphia, PA
- US Healthcare, Philadelphia, PA
- Belmont Treatment Center, Philadelphia, PA
For more information on speaking engagements and workshops presented by Dr. Nerenberg call Dr. Alyson Nerenberg Psychology Associates, PC at 610-331-7303 or contact us online.