As a practice our philosophy is to support and honor individuals who are trying to work on their marriages or long term commitments.
However, when a marriage does not last, our practice is committed to helping the individuals regain their self-esteem and dignity. We provide divorce coping strategies and help strengthen communication among the family members as well as offer a safe place to grieve.
Our practice also specializes in treating infidelity issues. We believe that infidelity is more than just a sexual act. It is the breaking of relationship trust due to lies and dishonesty. The amount of emotional pain betrayal can cause a spouse is often more significant than any physical injury. As a practice, we do our best to help couples recover from their pain through encouraging honesty and integrity.
The Top 10 Best Things to Say to Someone experiencing a Divorce or Relationship Ending:
- I am so sorry for your loss.
- I wish that I had the right words to say, just know that I care.
- I don’t know how you feel, but I am here to help in any way that I can.
- You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
- I am always just a phone call, text or email away.
- Give a hug instead of saying something.
- We all hurt during times of loss. Just know that I am here for you.
- I am usually up early or late if you need anything.
- I care about you and am up for getting together when you feel like it.
- Would you like to go for a walk, grab a cup of coffee, have lunch? You matter to me and I am here.
When relationships end we all grieve, no matter the length of them or the hurt involved. Our Philadelphia divorce and relationship counselors help patients heal in their own time frame. For more information call Dr. Alyson Nerenberg Psychology Associates, PC at 610-331-7303 or contact us online. Dr. Nerenberg works with patients in Philadelphia and its surrounding areas including Bucks County, Chester County, Delaware County and Montgomery County.